Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tough Questions

One of the biggest things that sucks about adulthood, is having to answer the tough questions. Making the hard decisions. I had to decide to euthanize (kill) my dog when she got sick. I don't usually pray but I did then: for her to die peacefully so I didn't have to make that call. The Universe said, "too bad for you."
Today had to laugh at myself for using the guidance of a magic 8 ball. It was given to me by a friend who swore it was never wrong... and it usually isn't (weird). Come on... we all do something ridiculous in blind faith. Whether you make a wish at 11:11, throw pennies into fountains, or wish on the first star you see at night, we all do it. So out of desperation to seek answers to my toughest questions I lapsed in logical thinking to consult the all-magical 8 ball. I know I can't leave my fate up to a toy, but wouldn't it be great if we all had a personal consultant to tell us exactly what to do and where to go? Would this result in a lack of free will? Not really. Ultimately it would your decision, but if you could count on the answer as being the right one, life would be a lot easier.
I believe all things that are supposed to happen, will... eventually. But how do you make sure you're moving in the right direction? And what happens when you go in the opposite direction? Does it all work itself out or will the rest of your life be a cluster of nothing being as it should? Unanswerable questions, I know. I also know they plague the minds of about 6 billion people. We all take chances hoping that we're doing the right thing... and hoping there will be an invisible safety net to keep us from falling too far. Perhaps I just need to reach a higher state of enlightenment, or work on my progress in self-actualizing. Maybe then, I'll have the answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home