Monday, April 28, 2008

Our New Addition

No, we didn't have the baby. (though there is a part of me that would wish for it if he could be healthy enough!) On Saturday we decided to get a new puppy! We found one on Craigslist, and after seeing him, decided 'why not?' At the house where he was (which turned out to be an amature breeder, and we didn't know that at the time) he was the calmest, most easy going puppy I had ever seen! He really reminded me of 'yellow dog' from the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase. And he looks just like him too! He is a yellow lab, and is probably going to be a big boy. The mom was small, but the dad was pretty big. On the plus side he is more blond than gold, and the mom was blond, so I'm hoping he actually does take after his mother's physical attributes. He is fitting in nicely and since we've gotten him home, his real character has shone brightly. He is as playful and energetic as you would expect a new puppy to be. He chews everything. We're working on that, and Nate is taking on the role of dog trainer pretty well. Every time he sees Riley with something he shouldn't have, he takes it from him and gives him his bone instead. The first night we had him he didn't do well in the kennel at all, but last night he did great. He made it through the night until Joe went to work at 5:30. Chopper is the only one who's having trouble adjusting. Every time Joe tries to play with Riley, Chopper will get in between him and Joe. I think once the threat is gone, he'll be better. Though Chopper is kind of a grump anyway.

For a pregnancy update: I had to have blood work done last Tuesday (and anyone who knows me knows that is not an easy thing for me to do) and Saturday morning my midwife called and said it came back and I am "severely anemic". Damn. If it's not one thing, it's another. She said with my history of hemorrhage combined with the severe anemia, if I don't get it up to a somewhat normal level, she'll have to refer me out to an OB and will no longer be able to care for me. I feel like this baby is destined to be born in a hospital. There have been so many things this time that have gone wrong or have been a possible serious/life threatening situation, it's almost getting old. I really have tried to take care of myself this time and it seems all efforts have failed. I have to get retested in 6 weeks, so I should know by then what the final outcome is going to be. For now, I'll just load up of the iron supplements, and hope for the best.

I would really like to post some new pics, but my camera charger is MIA. I am almost ready to buy a new one. It got lost somewhere in the move, and the battery ran out weeks ago. I'm sure it's in plain view in some box we threw together last minute, but it's just finding that box. I'll post some pics if I find it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home