Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baby Pictures

Yesterday, Cinco de Mayo, we went to Bellevue to have a 4D ultrasound done. We had done one with Drew as well, but he was ornery as usual and pretty uncooperative. This time, I had a white mocha before we got there so this baby was movin' and shakin'! (He REALLY reacts to caffeine, sugar, etc.) He is breech, which is yet another bad situation for a home birth (it just keeps getting better), but we've got enough time for him to turn. Hopefully he does. He is going to be a big boy. In a few pictures, you can see he has a double chin (which is cute on babies, not me) and he has the same lips that Nate, Drew and Joe have. In some pics he looks a lot like Drew, but in others, he looks just like Nate in some of his newborn photos. He's got a lot of hair, but that's not surprising. And yes, HE. There were doubts among some about his gender because I have all the wives tales of carrying a girl. But he showed himself to us quite proudly, and there is no doubt. As much as I wanted a girl, I was relieved. We've already got the room, (which is Dinosaurs) clothes, and I've identified with this baby as a boy. It would be hard to think of him as anything but a 'he'. With all that laid to rest, he is gorgeous, and I really can't wait to meet him. He opened his eyes and pushed out on my belly whenever he heard Nate and Drew talk, and smiled when Joe yelled at Nate to not touch something. This was really such a great experience for us. Now I can picture him, and I've gotten a great feel for his personality. He'll be sweet and mellow, but feisty like his brothers. In moments like this I feel like I could mother 20 kids. There really is nothing better out there. (Don't worry, I don't actually plan on having 20 kids)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home