Saturday, September 6, 2008

Soccer School!

Nate started this school year last Wednesday, and Drew was very upset he couldn't go. He did attend the open house on Tuesday with Nate and Joe, but I think that made it even worse. Now he knows what he's missing. I felt and still feel bad for Drew; everyday when we're getting ready to leave the house he puts his shoes on and says, "I go to school, too?" It's heartbreaking to tell him 'no', everyday. So on Thursday Joe and I decided to put the boys in "Lil Kickers". It's a soccer based program for kids 18 months and up. They have several classes for all the different stages. And awesomely enough, Nate and Drew's classes fall on Saturday at the same time. We chose the 11am since it's too much of a hassle to get out of the house early, and we have to do it 4 days a week already. Drew's class is a parent/child class, so Joe and I decided whoever takes Nate to his class, will take Matt as well. We'll switch off every Saturday. What's nice is the classes are on the same indoor field divided into three sections, so you're all in the same area anyway. Today Joe did Drew's class, and said he did more running than the 2 year old! Drew was a little reluctant to do some of the activities at first, but he did well. Drew takes a while to warm up to situations with a lot of people. Nate did fantastic. I never realized how big he is for his age until I saw him with his peers. He towered over the other kids. But he is definitely the fastest runner in his class by far, and he listened to and did everything the coaches instructed them to do. (I was a little nervous in that area) Kudos to the coaches too. They were so great with the kids and really encouraging. Today they both got their uniforms, and wanted to wear them right away. When I have Nate again, I'll try to bring my camera and post some pictures. FYI Matt did well too. He was really interested in everything that was going on. We all can't wait to do it again next Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home