Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to Us

We've had family visiting for the past few weeks, and it's been great. Now Joe, the boys and I are having to readjust to life without help. My family's visits were not really what I had hoped unfortunately; usually we try to do fun things and really get to spend quality time together. But between a hospital trip, child care, and a fussy newborn, it wasn't exactly easy to go out, or get a moment of peace. It was nice having them here all the same.



I did mention fussy newborn. Matt has the beginnings of colic. Drew had colic, so I know it when I see it. For now, we're just trying to find out what calms him early, so it's not so hard. Sometimes I can soothe him, but we've had a few nights and spells when he will cry endlessly for hours, and nothing you do helps. It's tiring, but you have to just remind yourself over and over that he's not chosing to cry and if he could stop, he would. It's also very saddening because he will have a complete look of distress, and he will look at you as if begging you to do something to help him and make it stop. It's a horrible feeling as a parent to see your child in pain, and there is nothing you can do to help them.



On another sad note, my grandparents took Drew to a hair appointment on Monday, and he was butchered. We were growing his hair out cause it looked adorable. Because his hair is so light, and he was crazy light blue eiyes, the "beach bum" look, was perfect on him. It really matched his personality. I spoke to the stylist when making the appointment and told him exactly what I wanted: Keep the length and look, just clean it up a little. He came home with finger length all around. I was floored. My Grandma told him what I wanted too, and he just did what he wanted to. I know it'll grow, but it makes me want to cry. It took so long to grow out. Our whole family went to that stylist, and he has completely lost our business. And, our future recomendations.



My mom bought me the lens I've coveted for months, but I have not had a moment to do a photo shoot with Matt for his newborn pics. I'll try to get that done ASAP cause he's starting to lose his newborn look. I'll post them as soon as I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home