Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back! The first of many Florida blogs


Hello everyone! No, I did not get lost and walk off the edge of the earth. We took a vacation to Florida that got extended, and I was without a computer (ugh). We originally going to be there from the 23rd of December to the 6th of January, but on the 5th of January, Drew and I became horribly ill. We were going to try and fly out anyway, but when we had gotten to the airport and were getting everyone out of the car, Drew puked. All over my Mom's nice new van. At that point, we decided flying with a sick mom and sick kid was not an option. Joe had to go since he was only on leave until the 7th, so we said hurried goodbyes, I was crying (I have no idea why) and left to return to my mom's.

The general consensus was that I would not be able to handle our children by myself (which I did resent. Have a little faith in the woman who succeeded with having a baby during a patrol who turned out to have colic, while parenting the 17 month old), my mom was going to help me fly back. Tickets for the immediate Saturday were outrageous, so it looked like the 17th of January would be our return flight.

While there the extra 10 days, I really missed Joe, and so did the boys. I didn't realize how much we actually do together on a daily basis. I know I always look forward to him coming home after work, but it's more than a reprieve from the kids. I missed my best friend.

The next couple of entries will be all about the FL trip, but I had to break it up because (1) there is so much to tell and (2) I never have that long to sit at the computer until the kids get rowdy or the baby wakes up. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home