Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Baby Weight

Mamas: Need I say more? The leftover baby weight can be the most frustrating and depressing part of motherhood. With every child, your carefree and fun-loving young self is chipped away and replaced with a worrisome, coupon clipping, worn out and fatigued much older version of you. Baby weight is just one more reminder that you will never quite be the same. Your body changes forever. I gained a ridiculous amount of weight during Matt's pregnancy (yeah, like 54 lbs), and I could not kick myself more today for all of the after dinner ice cream trips, and extra slices of pizza. I was slowly able to lose at least 2 lbs every week after the delivery, but got stuck at the same weight for three weeks. I was walking, (we bought a treadmill) eating well, and I wouldn't budge.

After being crazy frustrated for those three weeks, I learned of a program called Isagenix through a friend. I'm not one to go for "fast-result" gimmicks, or programs that promise you the world. But after my friend saw amazing results on herself, I thought it'd be worth a try. It was a little more expensive than I wanted, but oh lord, so worth it. Since starting the program 2 weeks ago, I've lost 12 lbs, and 2 dress sizes. No shit. I put on a pair of pants this morning that I had almost given up on. 2 sizes to go, and I am back to my pre-Matt me. Weight has always been a touchy subject for me, and just as I was going to give up...

Today I raise a lovely finger at baby weight, cause I've beaten you, once again! If you can't tell, today I'm over the moon. My only regret is not starting the program the day after the delivery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home