Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summertime!

One of my favorite summer songs by Sublime. I bought that CD twice, and it got stolen twice. Still one of my faves. But aside from that, summer is here in full swing. I had to make a trip to the store on Sunday, and inflatable pools, pool accessories, brightly colored plastic ware, and beach towels seemed to cover almost every inch of the store. I smiled and thought, "I love summer." and then I thought, "I really love all seasons." Every couple of months I get excited about the months to come. So now I am excited about Summer. Nate's been off of school for the past couple of days. They decided to cut school off short this year, (which did annoy me, but oh, well), and it's been nice to get up in the morning, and not have to rush out the door. It's a much more peaceful morning.

The boys have their first sunburn of the season. It's pretty bad. We're on day 5, and they're doing much better. Nate's blisters are shrinking, and they might actually be able to put a shirt on today. (yes, it is as bad as it sounds.) I'll take this as a learning experience though, and put sunscreen on them before I send them to anyone Else's house.

Nate's birthday party is coming up, and I am not even close to being as organized as I should be. I am sending out invites today, and the party is in three weeks! It doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to get RSVP's and order supplies based on those RSVP's. I hate over-buying, especially online. We're doing a pirate theme this year, and he is really excited. I'm starting to plan Matt's, too. I am lost on a theme, but I'll think of something. I wish their birthday's were further apart. It would give us more time to recoup (financially) before having another party! At least Drew's is in the fall. But on Thanksgiving, so his is a hard one, too. He wants to do McQueen (again. 3rd year!). If it makes him happy...

But it is beautiful summer again, the best time in WA. It almost makes me not want to leave. Almost. I'm really itching to move somewhere with 4 complete seasons, a good area to grow our own veggies and fruits, and closer to home. I am hoping for Connecticut, but most places on the east coast would do just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home