Friday, September 26, 2008

Three Frogs

I read a riddle recently that I'd like to share:

Three frogs are sitting on a log. Two decide to jump off. How many frogs are left?
Think about it...
Answer: One?
Wrong.
The answer is unknown. Just because two of the frogs decided to jump off doesn't mean they did it. What can we learn from this?

Do something. Many of us, and myself included to the greatest extent, plan on doing things. We plan on cleaning out the garage. We plan on taking cooking classes. We plan on taking our kids to the zoo. We plan on taking that long awaited (and much needed) vacation. I make a list every day, whether in my head or on paper, of things I'd like to accomplish by that night. Be it: taking out the garbage, snapping some good photos of the kids, or making time to play a game with the kids. I rarely accomplish everything I set out to do that day. Either I'm tired, or too busy, or something else just comes up. I finally put Matt's hand and foot prints in his baby book, and he's 2 months old. All good moms know: the kids come first. Really good moms know to make sure they're taken care of too; spiritually, physically, whatever. So my assignment, and I encourage you to do the same, is to pick one thing a day and make sure you DO it. One thing; so you can lay down at the end of the day not thinking about what you should have done instead of watching a rerun of The Simpsons. Or, at the minimum take a step in the right direction. Make the phone call, or at least find the phone number. I believe all individuals have the power and potential to do amazing things. Lets start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home